All boxes ordered are delivered FREE within a 20 mile radius of the farm. If you live between 20-30 miles of the farm additional delivery charges will apply.
We can now post your fresh venison box nationwide – for this we charge £10 for post and packaging which is added to your order at checkout.
Any orders placed now will be delivered / shipped on Thursday 2nd September 2021 and we will be in touch to arrange a delivery time with you. Alternatively you could collect your order from the Veni-Van on Friday 3rd September at Stourton Estates, Clays Lane, Baumber between 10am – 4pm.
Our large fresh venison boxes contain premium quality venison lovingly home reared on the farm at Baumber, Lincolnshire.
The Imperial Box of venison weighs at least 6 kg and typically includes the following cuts from our product range:
- A Prime Venison Fillet – this typically serves 3-4 people, for a special occasion why not try this amazing Venison Wellington recipe from BBC Good Food
- A Haunch Roasting Joint – an ideal choice for Sunday lunch feeding around 6 people
- A selection of Steaks normally including: haunch, rump, sirloin and frying steak (approx 8-10 steaks in total depending on their weight) – perfect for ‘date night’ at home or on the BBQ, these are incredibly versatile, and super tasty
- Burgers (at least 1 pack of 4) – an easy supper for a family of 4 with chips on the side!
- Sausages (at least 1 pack of 6) – try these in a casserole or roasted with vegetables in a tray bake recipe, serving 4 people
- Casserole &/ Braising Steak (approx. 1kg) – feeding up to 8 people these cuts are ideal for slow cooking to let the flavours develop and fill your kitchen with a delicious aroma, ideal for pies or a casserole – our favourite recipes are here
- Mince (approx. 500g) – serves around 4 people generously, use for spaghetti bolognaise, a chilli, get the kids involved and have a go at making your own burgers, or use to stuff peppers with rice – the options are endless!
In total at around 40 meal portions this box contains a great range of versatile cuts as well as being reassuring to have at home over the next few months!
Our herds are predominantly grass-fed in the beautiful historic parkland on the Stourton Estate benefiting from the natural shelter of surounding woodland, ancient trees and ‘swimming ponds’. Herb rich sileage is grown on the farm to supplement their diet over the winter. Rearing venison in this way means that the meat is not only very sustainable but that it is of exceptional quality.
Venison is a healthy meat containing much less saturated fat than beef. Being rich in iron and B vitamins and the fact that it contains conjugated linoleic acid means it supports heart health too.
Our venison is managed to extremely high standards; the butchery is done professionally with the meat being hung for the optimum time to give supremely tender meat and produce a light gamey flavour to develop.